Wednesday 22 October 2014

Life on the run ... the mobile office

Commuting - long distance style!



Other than a 2 year stint working for a small engineering firm where I was the project engineer / sales rep / 24 hour response technician, I have largely been based in a fixed office.

A fixed place of work is great and certainly has it's advantages, namely;

1) You know the wifi password...
2) You have a fixed plug that you use to charge your phone / notebook / tablet...
2) You don't pay for tea and coffee... (Unless it's budget cut time!)
3) Printing is easy...
4) You have an access card and get to avoid the poor beggars standing in the visitors queue... (Industrial engineers - hope you are looking for improvement opportunities!)
5) You have a parking spot...

So for those of you considering a life of commuting .... get used to the opposite of the above and make a plan...

I now have wifi passwords for a myriad of places - I just hope that they don't change too often.

I know where the best spots are in most restaurants to get access to a plug and out of view if you need to get some work done.

Postnet has become a close ally in the printing war ... I think we are winning, but it's a close call. It is one of those things that when you pay for it you feel it is extortion, but you realise that it is the classic principle of supply and demand.

I have become a parking vulture, swooping on any unsuspecting vacant spot with a dash of shade and within walking distance of the visitors reception or the coffee spot. In the murderous sun of the Kalahari, I have also learnt the value of a windshield cover to reflect the sun...

Visitors reception is a thing to be ...well.... feared! Make a point of getting an access card where possible. The cost will most certainly be worth it...

Watch this space for the next update ... The upside of the mobile office...


1 comment:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Investors on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Investors gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete